What We Provide
We are Mountain Crust, a Colorado-based catering company specializing in wood-fired pizzas, fresh salads, seasonal appetizers and a variety of other entrees, all made with top-of-the-line ingredients. This experience is brought to you in our restored 1955 Ford F-600 truck, Ole Blue, that has been outfitted with everything we need to make your event memorable and stress-free, including an imported Mugnaini wood-fired oven and three taps pouring Colorado’s finest craft brews!
Everything we make is served buffet-style out of Ole Blue, starting with appetizers and drinks then moving on to salad, pizza, and other entrees. The pizza is made according to preferences set by the host, but we are always willing to accommodate to specific guests, too, so that everyone is satisfied.
We’re also green freaks! We recycle and compost at every Mountain Crust event and strive to make our planet a better place, one slice at a time.
*We can provide tables and chairs at additional costs. Our staff will take care of all the setup needed in this scenario and we will need to arrive earlier if you desire this service.
Mountain Crust is perfect for any special occasion!
- Weddings & Rehearsal Dinners
- Holiday Parties
- Corporate Events
- Block Parties
Who We Are
- Hometown: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- I love Skiing, running around Wash Park, Scuba Diving, dancing or singing pretty much all the time (even though I’m not good at either) and my favorite board game is Settlers of Catan
- Favorite Pizza: Mushroom Mountain
- Hometown: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- I love doing yard work, cleaning, going to art festivals and shopping for a new wardrobe
- Favorite Pizza: The Aspen Amanda
- Hometown: Greenville, South Carolina
- I’m an avid rock climber with a passion for travel. My favorite country I’ve been to so far is Greece and I love trying new food from all over the world
- Favorite Pizza: Classic Margarita
How We Got Started
We have been throwing pizza parties since 2006 when Ryan’s mom got a Mugnaini pizza oven for their home in Minneapolis. After high school, Ryan moved out west to attend the University of Denver, and in between his sophomore and junior years, he decided that a boring internship would not suffice for his summer work. Instead, he decided to start a pizza business called Lynnhurst Pizza Co-op out of his home on the weekends.
Within four nights, business was booming and we were selling more pizzas than anyone imagined. This overwhelming support brought attention from Channel 4 News. However, they had to check with the health department before doing the story, and the very next day, we received a note on the door, shutting us down due to a lack of proper licensing in Ryan’s mom’s kitchen.
At that point, we decided to continue throwing “pizza parties” every Friday for the rest of the summer and we ended up “serving” over 1200 pizzas in 10 nights of business. Here is a video of the entire operation:
Now we are onto Mountain Crust and could not be more excited to bring classic Minnesotan pizza to the state of Colorado!
The History of Ole Blue
- Ole Blue was purchased on August 12, 1955 in Nampa Idaho.
- The truck was originally used for hauling sugar beets and chopped silage corn through the 1960’s. She carried about 8 tons per load.
- In the 1970’s Ole Blue carried cattle and horses to the Cascade Lake area for summer grazing.
- Most recently, Ole Blue was used to haul water for sprayers in the alfalfa seed and peppermint fields.